BAND CAMP IS MANDATORY!!!
IF YOU ARE GOING TO MISS FOR ANY REASON PLEASE TALK TO MR. KIRSCH ASAP.
Band Room Phone number:
The following is a list of items that every student will need for band camp.
- Comfortable tennis shoes (no sandals!)
- Water bottle of some kind
- Roll of duct tape (Very important)
- Sharpie marker to mark their tape
- Marching band music (memorized as much as possible)
- Pep band music (available on the band website)
- Light, comfortable clothing (no swimwear)
- Flip folder to hold music (purchased at Music & Arts or Pro Music & Sound for a nominal fee, will be used for 4 years)
- Lyre-holds the flip folder (purchased at Music & Arts, or Pro Music & Sound for a nominal fee, will be used for 4 years)
The week before the main band camp starts, the percussion and visual ensemble will have their own camps. Please see those dates and times on the schedule. Lunch will not be available from the boosters on those days. Students may either pack a lunch or leave campus for lunch if they have transportation. Those camps will be run by the percussion and guard instructors, so please contact them if you have questions. If you cannot reach them, please send an email.
During rookie camp (August 10-11) and the first week of band camp (Aug 14-18) students will need to pack their own lunch. Lunch will be approx. 12:00-1:00pm. Students may leave campus for lunch if they have transportation. There will be no excuses coming back late for lunch. In the second week, the boosters will have a dinner available for purchase for a small fee. Please refer to the fee sheet for more information about these dinners – they must be pre-paid. The dinner time the second week of camp will be approx. 5:30-6:30pm. Students may leave campus for dinner if they have transportation. There will be no excuses coming back late for dinner.
Our annual shoe fitting will be held during band camp. Freshman, new students, and any upperclassmen that have either lost or grown out of their shoes will need to purchase shoes on this day. Please make checks payable to the GHBPA for $35.00. Students will have the opportunity to try on shoes during the day. Look for the uniform fittings days on the marching season calendar.