Marching Competition Performance Rules
- Arrive at school at the appropriate call time.
- Always wear your band T-shirt underneath your uniform.
- Make sure that you have your band shoes and black socks before you leave home.
- Either bring your own dinner or buy from the concession stand.
- Keep your uniform on UNLESS a staff member says it is ok to take off your jackets. Your jacket should remain zipped, but you may undo your collar. Hats should be off while in the bleachers. If a staff member says it is ok to take off your jackets, then your shirt stays tucked in and your suspenders stay up. Jackets should be folded neatly and set on the bleachers. No exceptions!!! Your uniform is a representation of the band. Treat it with care and be proud of the group you represent.
- It is vital that the band warms up and tune up together. Make sure that you are ready to go and are not holding up everyone.
- When we are done performing, percussion and sousaphones usually go back to the trailer to put up their equipment. Everyone else goes directly to the stands to watch other bands or the awards ceremony. EVERYONE SITS TOGETHER IN ONE SECTION. No exceptions!!!
- Do not leave the bleachers after we perform until a staff member allows you to go to the concession stand for food or to the bathroom.
- There will be no disrespect tolerated towards other bands. We will be gracious winners and losers. If someone else beat us, they have worked hard and deserve some recognition. It is always polite to clap and cheer for the other bands. It is a classy, mature way to represent the band, school and yourself.
- After the awards ceremony report directly to the buses unless told to do something else.
- Remember to think twice before doing anything questionable.